I’m back again to share one of my favorite recipes with you! If you know me at all, you know that I love desserts. You could give me pretty much anything with sugar in it and I would love it. So I find myself trying to make recipes that are lower in sugar but indulgent enough to feel like a dessert – and this recipe definitely delivers. The best part about it is that it makes only two servings, so I don’t have an entire pan of blueberry crumble to eat. It can be made with pretty much any fruit, and this recipe is even delicious with a mix of berries such as blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Pictured above with a delicious scoop of Halo Top vanilla bean ice cream.
Blueberry Crumble for Two
For the blueberries:
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries (can use frozen, but omit sugar)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons oats
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- drizzle of honey
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the blueberry ingredients together in a small bowl
- Melt butter and then add the other topping ingredients and stir.
- Stir blueberries and divide between two greased ramekins. This also works in a muffin tin.
- Divide topping between two ramekins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crust is brown and berries are bubbling.