Anyone else’s succulent party favor from our wedding still alive? We have three left: two are thriving and one is holding on for dear life. Every time I look at these cute little cacti, it brings me back to two years (how has it been TWO YEARS?) ago to our wonderful wedding. Here’s a picture of those little guys (oh how they have grown) exquisitely captured by Esther Nail. 🙂
I’ve made a variation of this smoothie several times, alternating ingredients for what I have in the house. The components include a mixture of green veggies and various fruit. My main problem with traditional superfood or green smoothies has always been that they either taste like I’m drinking a liquified salad or they are so full of sugar that I think I’m cancelling out any benefit I’m getting from the healthy ingredients. Something about adding the matcha masks some of the earthiness of the green veggies. Plus, then you feel like you’re indulging in a matcha iced latte while still getting a healthy dose of nutrients and antioxidants.
Superfood Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- Handful of green leafy veggies (I used a mixture of kale and spinach)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 green apple
- Another fruit: 1/3-1/2 cup frozen peaches, blueberries, raspberries, etc., depending on desired level of sweetness (can omit altogether if desired)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Toppings as desired: cut apples, almonds, coconut chips, etc.
- Blend ingredients together in a blender, Vitamix, or Magic Bullet until blended. Add toppings and enjoy!