This big bowl of oatmeal, reminiscent of blackberry pie, is sweetened with dates and blackberry jam with no added sugar.
Blackberry Pie Oats
- 5 pitted dates, chopped finely
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup oats
- Pinch salt
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blackberry jam
- Milk of choice, if desired
- Toppings: blackberries, pecans, granola, etc.
- Add the dates, salt, and water to a small pot or sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and vanilla. Remove from heat, and cover. Let cook for 10-15 minutes until oats are soft. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of milk of choice, if desired.
- Swirl in blackberry jam and add toppings if desired. Enjoy!