These chocolate chip peanut butter bars are so tasty. Eating one of these is like eating a big scoop of peanut butter cookie dough. Plus they are completely vegan and dairy-free so you could just eat the dough if you feel like it (hey, I won’t judge you.) They taste like you are eating a giant Reese’s peanut butter cup in bar form. They were a perfect addition to our Labor Day weekend at the lake.
Gooey Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
Servings: 16-20 bars
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 8 x 13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, apple sauce, sugars, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well. It will be hard to mix at first. If you need to thin the batter out, add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to greased dish and press down with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.