I have to admit, I did not make these cookies taste exactly like pumpkin spice bread on purpose. It was a happy accident. I was experimenting with ingredients and meant to make a more dense, sugar cookie-like pumpkin cookie. Instead, I ended up with a super fluffy, cake-like pumpkin cookie – still delicious – but not what I intended to do. I brought them to work and thought that maybe I had in fact, hit a stroke of genius. Who wants to bring a big cake or loaf of bread to work, and have to cut it, and then find a small plate, napkin, and fork for your co-workers to eat it with? Not me! Why not just serve something equally delicious in cookie form. So that is what I have for you today. You can thank me later.
Pumpkin Spice Cake Cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup Morena sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silicone baking bat and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add canned pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop onto prepared pan.
- Optional: sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Coat a fork with sugar and press perpendicular patterns on top
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until just browning around the edges.