Who else loves overnight oats? They are so simple to make and you can constantly change up the ingredients so you don’t get tired of the same thing. It’s becoming my favorite time of the year: Pumpkin Season! So I hope you are prepared for basically pumpkin everything recipes for the next few months. I have even made pumpkin chili before – it was delicious!
Vegan Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I used agave maple syrup)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk of choice – I used coconut milk
- Combine pumpkin, chia, brown sugar and maple syrup. If you only have brown sugar or maple syrup, then I would suggest using either 1/4 cup brown sugar or 1/3 cup maple syrup depending on desired sweetness level.
- Mix in spices, salt, oats, and vanilla and stir. Add milk and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!
Continuing with the blueberry theme of this week, I’m posting about this delicious smoothie bowl I had for lunch recently. It’s easy to make this recipe with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge or freezer, and you can change it up depending on the season or your mood. I’ve started putting bananas that are starting to go brown into a bag in my freezer, so that I always have them on hand. Just make sure you peel them first – definitely haven’t made that mistake before…. 🙂 I added a little something extra to my smoothie bowl for a wonderful afternoon anti-oxidant matcha pick-me-up! The cool blue-green color of the mixture got me wanting to be relaxing on a beach somewhere!
Mermaid-Approved Blueberry Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- Yogurt of choice (I used Siggi’s Blueberry Yogurt)
- Handful of blueberries (I used fresh, but frozen works too)
- 2-3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1-2 teaspoons matcha powder (depending on your taste buds)
- Toppings: I used blueberries, oats, slivered almonds, and coconut chips
- Blend banana, yogurt, fruit, milk, and matcha in a blender – I used a Magic Bullet.
- Add toppings and enjoy!