It’s been almost 8 weeks since I started my blog. It has been so fulfilling for me to share all of my ideas and culinary creations with you! So much of my inspiration comes from the amazing images that my camera is able to create. I never realized how much I would love my camera. I wish I had bought an amazing camera years ago! I spent months and months researching, trying to pick the best one, and I am so happy with the one I bought! This smoothie bowl is inspired by the beautiful sunflower field that was my first post on my blog.
Sunshine Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 apple of choice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 small container of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon blue spirulina
- Mango, almonds, etc for topping
Blend ingredients together and top with toppings if desired. Enjoy!
I accidentally bought 3 pounds of sweet cherries today. Apparently it is almost the end of sweet cherry season in the south. In other news, lots of cherry recipes coming your way! I rarely buy cherries, but after eating a few (dozen) handfuls of these babies, I was wondering why I don’t buy them every summer. They are the perfect mix of sweet and tart. This smoothie bowl is like drinking a cool refreshing cherry limeade but in smoothie form, it is delicious!
Cherry Limeade Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup lime yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries, halved
- Cherry jam
- Other toppings: pomegranate seeds, more cherries, toasted coconut, almonds, etc.
- Add yogurt, banana, avocado, and lime juice together in a blender, Vitamix, or Magic Bullet.
- Swirl in cherry jam. Add cherries and other toppings if desired. Enjoy!
Another delicious smoothie bowl! I’ve always enjoyed a good smoothie in the summertime because they are light and fresh. I recently switched from smoothies to smoothie bowls because I love that you can put in add ins such as fresh fruit and nuts that add a little crunch rather than just drinking something that’s basically liquid. It ends up being more filling while still being refreshing and nutritious. It’s definitely peach season in the south and these peaches that I picked up from one of the locally grown farms were sweet and delicious!
Summer Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl
- 3/4 cup fresh (or frozen) peaches
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (Greek Gods Honey Vanilla yogurt paired perfectly with the peach flavor)
- splash of milk
- optional swirl of strawberry jelly
- optional 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- toppings: I used chia seeds, pistachios, strawberries, and cut fresh peaches
- Blend ingredients together in a blender or Magic Bullet. Add toppings and enjoy!
Continuing with the blueberry theme of this week, I’m posting about this delicious smoothie bowl I had for lunch recently. It’s easy to make this recipe with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge or freezer, and you can change it up depending on the season or your mood. I’ve started putting bananas that are starting to go brown into a bag in my freezer, so that I always have them on hand. Just make sure you peel them first – definitely haven’t made that mistake before…. 🙂 I added a little something extra to my smoothie bowl for a wonderful afternoon anti-oxidant matcha pick-me-up! The cool blue-green color of the mixture got me wanting to be relaxing on a beach somewhere!
Mermaid-Approved Blueberry Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- Yogurt of choice (I used Siggi’s Blueberry Yogurt)
- Handful of blueberries (I used fresh, but frozen works too)
- 2-3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1-2 teaspoons matcha powder (depending on your taste buds)
- Toppings: I used blueberries, oats, slivered almonds, and coconut chips
- Blend banana, yogurt, fruit, milk, and matcha in a blender – I used a Magic Bullet.
- Add toppings and enjoy!